51. "Cemeteries of Floyd County, Va., Vol. 1, Indian Valley District", by Elza B. Cox & Phyllis G. Phillips. 1979.
52. Personal interview with Ora Mae Cornette, daughter-in-law of John M. Cornett as written by Susan Rose Robinson, 206 Cardinal Road, Russell, KY 41169, and forwarded by Evelyn Smith <email@example.com> in an email dated 10 July 2001.
53. Floyd County Kentucky Consent Papers 1808-1851, Joe R. Skeens, 212 Sally Stephens Branch, Prestonburg, Ky. p. 22.
54. Elza B. Cox, Genealogy of William Tobias Phillips, 1989. p. 122.
55. E-mail correspondence in 1998 and 1999 with Delores “Dodie” Hamilton, a daughter of Robert Lee Cornett.
56. Ida’s maiden name is from an email message dated 27 Mar 2001 from Dodie Hamilton <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
58. Vickie Stevens, “1854 Letcher County Kentucky Births,” http://www.rootsweb.com/~kyletche/1854births.html.
59. Dorothy Burnett Peterson, Blue Ridge Heritage, 1987, Charlottesville, Virginia, pp. 98-103.
60. Chapel Hills Cemetery Records of St. Joseph Co., Indiana, as published in The Pettit Correspondent, Vol. 4, No. 2.
61. West Virginia Heritage Encyclopedia; Volume 5 (supplement).
62. site not signed, “Ancestors of John Posey Simmons,” http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Lake/1477/JPSimmons.html, January 1999.
63. Correspondence from Glenn Wells to Virginia Pettit Loomis dated 5/17/93 in which he gives his family line.
64. Notation in Bible of William Amos Pettit (per Virginia Loomis Pettit's note).
65. Birth Book P, page 43, Office of Town Clerk, New Britian, CN
66. Linda Cassidy Lewis, “Cassity/Cassidy Family Association,” http://www.gendex.com/users/LC49/ccfa/, 1998-1999.
67. Morgan County birth, death and marriage records on LDS microfilm #0126,835. (Note for anyone cross-checking: the 1855 birth records are misbound, which since the binding runs between the mother’s given name and maiden surname, can give the impression of the wrong mother’s name if it is not noticed. They are bound in the following order, where L indicates the left-hand side of the page and R the right-hand side: 1L+9R, 8L+2R, 3L+7R, 6L+5R, 4LR, 5L+6R, 7L+3R, 2L+8R, 9L+1R, 10LR.) p. 6, line 20.
68. Email message dated 3 Apr 2001 from Mary Ann Hormuth <MPateHorm@alumni.utexas.net>. She states that her brother has the Stephen Quesenberry family bible.
69. Marvin Hall, “Descendants of Anthony Hall,” http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Park/5617/desant.html, May 1999.
70. Social Security Death Index
71. Email dated 16 Mar 2002 from John G. Pettit <Littlejohnnavy@aol.com>, a descendant of Bettie Roberts and Samuel Pettit. The message listed 20 children of William Clark Roberts, with spouses for most of them, but no marriage dates, and only approximate birthdates.
72. Vickie Stevens, “1855 Letcher County Kentucky Births,” http://www.rootsweb.com/~kyletche/1855births.html.
73. Email message dated 6 May 1999 from Angie Jones, <email@example.com>, titled “Baldridge & Sexton’s”
74. Julia Carol (Gregory) Levesque, “Julia Carol GREGORY Levesque & Father’s Family,” http://home.talkcity.com/MainSt/juliacarol/, 16 Jan 2002.
75. History of Elliott County, Kentucky, 1869-1990, Vol. II, History Book Committee, 1992, p. 69, article on Robert Lee Carter.